Learn to Sew
Learn to Sew is a class for those who are just starting out. If you've never used a sewing machine or have very little experience with one, this is the perfect class for you! Learn to use the studio's Janome sewing machines or bring in your own. Class is limited to 4 to ensure everyone gets lots of attention!
In this beginner-level class, students will learn:
- the basic parts of a sewing machine
- how to thread, insert a needle and wind a bobbin
- what different pressure feet are used for and how to change them
- how to change stitches, stitch length and stitch width
- tips and techniques for sewing a straight stitch including the basics of a seam allowance
- how to stop and pivot, stitch on a curve, and general fabric manipulation
- serger basics- how to use a serger to properly finish seams
- suggested sewing notions and their proper uses
There will be 3-4 beginner projects to choose from and we will try to make as many as possible depending on skill level and time allowed.
This class is for ages 7 and older, but if you feel your younger child is ready to learn, please contact me for more information. Parents are welcome to enroll in this class along with their child.
All fabric and supply costs are included in class fee.
*Please click on drop down menu for available dates and times.
Due to my small class sizes, I cannot offer a refund for a missed class or no-show. If a cancellation is received 48 hours before the start of class, you will receive a studio credit. Please note that I cannot offer studio credit if you are within the 48 hour time frame. If you need to cancel a class or switch a date and 48 hour deadline has not passed, please email me and I will be happy to help.
Please note that each person who is planning to attend must purchase a seat.
Please be on time. We cannot accept students after 30 minutes of the start time of class. If you are later than 30 minutes, I cannot offer you a studio credit or refund for the missed class.